When it comes to blood I think it is pretty cool stuff. I don't have a weak stomach for it at all. Yesterday I drove to my parents house and saw a sign for the Red Cross. They were at the church for a boy scout project. I went in and waited forever! The only thing I hate about giving blood is the finger prick! It hurts so much! I was brave and finally made it into a chair about an hour later. Usually I watch them put the needle in but the lady wouldn't let me look. She started counting. . . when she got to 3 she shoved the needle in my arm (she must have thought I had thick skin or something for shoving it in my arm like she did). . . Several things happened when the needle went in 1. My arm hurt really bad 2. the lady gasped 3. blood squirted everywhere! I thought it was pretty cool but I could tell she was really freaked out. She was a little shaky (I really started to wonder how she get into this profession). I tried to look around but once again she wouldn't let me look at anything. Blood squirted all across her white lab coat and onto the table next to me. I knew it was pretty bad because I could feel it running down my arm. The arm rest was this giant cup thing which let the blood pool. So my arm was soaking in a puddle of my own blood. The poor lady was so flustered and couldn't stop saying sorry. She got some wipes and started cleaning my arm and the area. It took longer for her to clean up then it did for me to fill up a bag of blood. It is a good thing that I didn't have a weak stomach. . . poor lady would have created a very interesting scene.
Saturday, August 8, 2009
Blood
When it comes to blood I think it is pretty cool stuff. I don't have a weak stomach for it at all. Yesterday I drove to my parents house and saw a sign for the Red Cross. They were at the church for a boy scout project. I went in and waited forever! The only thing I hate about giving blood is the finger prick! It hurts so much! I was brave and finally made it into a chair about an hour later. Usually I watch them put the needle in but the lady wouldn't let me look. She started counting. . . when she got to 3 she shoved the needle in my arm (she must have thought I had thick skin or something for shoving it in my arm like she did). . . Several things happened when the needle went in 1. My arm hurt really bad 2. the lady gasped 3. blood squirted everywhere! I thought it was pretty cool but I could tell she was really freaked out. She was a little shaky (I really started to wonder how she get into this profession). I tried to look around but once again she wouldn't let me look at anything. Blood squirted all across her white lab coat and onto the table next to me. I knew it was pretty bad because I could feel it running down my arm. The arm rest was this giant cup thing which let the blood pool. So my arm was soaking in a puddle of my own blood. The poor lady was so flustered and couldn't stop saying sorry. She got some wipes and started cleaning my arm and the area. It took longer for her to clean up then it did for me to fill up a bag of blood. It is a good thing that I didn't have a weak stomach. . . poor lady would have created a very interesting scene.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment