Jan. 8, 2011

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Broken Spears

Now we all know that Cortes came to the Americas and conquered the natives. What I didn't know is that there are surviving accounts of the natives side of the story.

For my History 202 class, I have to read those accounts in The Broken Spears book. It is rather interesting. . . but what made me really laugh was this. . .

"Our warriors rallied to defend the city. Their spirits and courage were high; not one of them showed any fear or behaved like a woman." (emphasis added)

Despite all the things I should probably be getting out of this book. . .this is what I have learned. . .

no matter the country, culture, or year, women will always be/act like women and that men will always think we are silly creatures. :) hehehe

1 comment:

Followers